Job Posting: Senior Back End Developer
About Think of Us
We leverage technology to improve the lives of youth in foster care nationwide. Our ultimate goal is for foster youth to successfully transition into a prosperous adulthood. We see this process as a communal endeavor that connects employment, education, and abilities. We envision a future where communities are designed to maximize the development and wellness of maturing youth, so that they can transition into healthy, stable, and thriving adults. Our work to-date has taught us that it is possible to develop a collective impact, not only providing the tools, but also streamlining the systems that help young people utilize the resources at their disposal.
Join a high-growth technology non-profit startup where all the executives have a personal connection and passion to foster care. The Senior Back End Developer reports to the CTO. This role will be responsible for both leading and executing overall program responsiveness and functionality; Constant and diligent analysis of server, application, and database communications in order to ensure optimal usability; builds scalable, maintainable, secure backend code; And understands and effectively implements unit testing, automation, and consistent delivery. The ideal candidate stays up to date with and is passionate about the latest technology to make users lives better.
● Develops and implements consistent and sophisticated backend programs
● Constant testing and maintaining of backend components - application, data, infrastructure, analytics, and deployment – to ensure strong functionality and optimization
● Lead, assist, and work collaboratively with development team
● Effectively maintains and improves the performance of existing software
● Clearly communicates with the CTO and team members daily, and takes part in meetings bi-weekly to discuss future projects
● Designs and updates the platform database regularly
● Recommends and proposes improvements to existing software programs as necessary
● Meets weekly sprint deadlines of tasks assigned
● Regularly collaborates with other teams this includes the Design team, Video Production team, and Operations team
● MS SQL Database experience including but not limited to architecture, security, maintenance and performance tuning.
● Strong ability in T-SQL querying
● Background in data analytics and reporting
● Strong knowledge on .NET framework specifically .NET Core
● Intermediate to advanced C# programming skills
● .NET technologies including Entity framework, Linq, ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web APIs
● Experience using Azure App Services
● Strong understanding of MVVM framework
● Proficiency in code sharing and collaboration ie GIT
● Proficiency in C# Unit Testing
● Strong track record in Dev Ops, Continuous Integration, Machine Learning and Xamarin Mobile development are a plus.
● Works independently and multi-task effectively
● Track record overcoming software development obstacles that may occur
● Asks great questions and focuses on solutions rather than problems
● Communicates new technology effectively to others
● Works calmly and effectively under pressure
● Highly detail-oriented
Education and Experience Requirements
● Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Software Engineer, equivalent field or equivalent experience
● 5+ years of experience in backend engineering
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The environment of this position is in an open office setting located in Richmond, VA. This role requires to travel an estimate of 20%.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter plus salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please include the job title you are applying for.