Think of Us (TOU) operates as an R+D lab for child welfare. We take on strategic projects with the goal of causing “good trouble” and, ultimately, driving concrete, structural changes in policy, practice, resource flows, power dynamics, relationships and mental models. Our ultimate goal is to integrate Lived Experience at every level, ensuring everyone touched by the system has the conditions they need to Heal, Develop and Thrive.
We work across the ecosystem of current and former foster youth, child welfare workers, philanthropists and policymakers to Spark, Support and Drive to systematically center lived experience touched by the system.
Examples of what this looks like include:
Think of Us is at an incredible moment in our journey to transform child welfare - and is looking for a VP of Engineering to bring their deep expertise and vision to our work, designing and delivering solutions across software engineering, data science and cloud technologies.
The VP of Engineering will lead TOU's engineering, data and product teams, charged with harnessing the power of technology to move our mission of a new child welfare system forward effectively.
We are looking for someone who loves working cross-functionally to solve problems, brings deep technical expertise into the room to build brilliant solutions, and manages a team to execute those solutions. This person should love being a part of the “building stage” of organizations, and get excited by the idea of creating structure and results from a myriad of ideas and opportunities.
Examples of what you and the team will accomplish could include:
- Managing a team (currently a combination of in-house and external developers) to design a unique digital wraparound model that gives kinship caregivers, adoptive families and young people direct access to traditional and non-traditional resources, creating a clearer pathway to support for those who need it.
- Leading the partnerships with tech companies to co-develop a new youth portal to be deployed in state and local agencies nationally.
- Key advocate providing critical, real-time quantitative and qualitative data on needs of current + former foster youth to better inform practice and policy.
- We provide generous health, dental, & vision coverage for you and dependents as well as a 401k plan for your pre-tax retirement contributions
- We're a remote team with schedule flexibility
- We have a flexible vacation policy
- We hold monthly organization-wide learning sessions to deepen our understanding of the Lived Experience of foster youth and also on topics outside of CW to build culture of curiosity and growth
- We put you at the cutting edge of change in the child welfare system
- We provide the opportunity for you to interact with leading voices in government, foundations, the nonprofit world, and entertainment working to reform child welfare
This role has a salary range of $150,000 - $160,000. We are looking to fill this position immediately - applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.